Friday, July 07, 2006

Book List

The following is a list of books that I have to read before I die. Any that I'm missing?
  • The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (that's what I'm reading right now)
  • The Silmarillion
  • The Secret Garden
  • Dante's Inferno
  • Anything and Everything by Shakespeare
  • The Man Who was Thursday
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • Tom Sawyer
  • Peter Pan
  • Pride and prejudice
  • The Borrowers
  • Of Mice and Men
  • (finish) Augustine's Confessions
  • Fr. Brown Mysteries
  • Tale of Two Cities
  • Brideshead revisited
  • Sherlock Holmes (the ones I haven't already read)
  • Shadow of the Bear
  • Black as Night
  • Jane Eyre
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • The Robe
  • Emma
  • (finish) The Series of Unfortunate Events
  • (finish) The Harry Potter Series
Well, you're probably wondering what I do with my time...But I will recommend some books that I have read.
  • The Hiding Place
  • Little Women
  • The Merchant of Venice
  • Much Ado About Nothing
  • The Giver (by Lois Lowry)
  • Uncle Tom's Cabin
  • The Chronicles of Narnia (duh)
  • The Hobbit (double duh)
  • A Philadelphia Catholic in King James' Court
  • The Screwtape Letters
  • The Confessions of St. Augustine's (I know that's on my "to read" list also, but as far as I've read it I like it.)
  • The Series of Unfortunate Events
  • The Phantom tollbooth
Hmmm...that's all for now folks.